Just a quick update on Bongo the Terrible....we sold her this morning to three guys from St. Louis, Missouri for the exact amount we bought her for!!! And with the exchange rate working in our favor between now and when we bought it, we actually made $100 USD on the deal. Although we did spend about $300 USD on all her little breakdowns. Overall, a great deal for getting 65 days of use out of her.
We now have our last two days free to relax and explore Auckland before heading to Australia.
...follow along as we travel the world
Mar 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats, er, "Good on ya" about the Bongo business.
Those pancakes look amazingly good to me right now. I don't suppose they'd still be good if I asked you to bring me back one.
So..Hot Water beach. Is it really hot water?
Dustin, about the beard. Did you pack a razor or is it going to be growing around the globe?
It's awesome that you guys can appreciate the diversity of God's creation. And in such a small area.
And you have so much more to see...
hugs,
elisa & eric
Hey Elisa,
Nice job using the New Zealand slang.
At Hot Water Beach there is water from an underground hotspring that bubbles up through the sand on the beach. It's only accessible 2 hrs on either side of low tide, the rest of the time it's covered by the waves. And the water is very hot, around 170 degrees F. We would have to mix it with the cool ocean water just to sit in the pool. It was quite touristy, but still a very neat place to see.
I didn't bring a razor on the trip, but I did go into the barber the other day to get my head (and beard) shaved. We figured I should look presentable selling the van....it must have worked.
Dustin
Post a Comment